Sunday, May 23, 2021

"I come ti dance" or Don't Toy with a Sundowner

 "I come to dance...."  Royal Wade Kimes.

It was a beautiful day at Pioneer with the top finishers being Short Keg, Hitch, and QC Carver. Short Keg was undefeated but for three shots by Wyoming Ranger.  I thought I had Short Keg in the finals when with the match tied 2 to 2 and I hit my best draw of the day,  but alas the announcer was slow on the button and the timer failed to registered a time.  Short Keg, ever the gentleman, called a thumb rock on himself, being startled by the quickness of my draw, so the match continued.  On the next shot he showed me that he clearly was the "faster gun" and not to toy with a Sundowner.

 Training Tip:  For an event, never ever change your draw.  I started poorly shooting the first four rounds with a .96 gunfighter rating. (.40 accuracy and .56 speed index). The next 3 rounds were shot with a 1.327 rating (.74 accuracy and .587 speed index).  I did not change my draw in any way just shot the Alleluia System adjusting my alignment only. By the shoot off I was dialed in. I shot the shoot offs with a gunfighter rating of 1.48 (accuracy .90 and speed index of .58).  The tip is never change your draw. Once you change you draw you are lost. Change your alignment before the set command and constantly get better both quickness and accuracy. Shoot the system.  It works.

I stayed focused with the system until the second to last shot when I thought "he is not beating me on speed," which of course led to the world record no time.

Messages Sent:  I am not sure I believe the "thumb rock."  Short Keg has always been such a gentlemen I accept his assertion, but I know he intended to send a message that he was the "faster gun" which he did.  I intended to send the message that if you draw me, you had better hit the plate, because on the mountain we don't practice missing as Wyoming Ranger also showed.

1 comment:

  1. Herbal Supplement for Emphysema is helpful in clearing the air passages in the lungs. Herbal Supplement is to provide relief of symptoms and prevent complications.

    ReplyDelete